Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teresa


Did you ever have a friend who was so much more than a friend? A friend who had a profound influence on your worldview and way of life? Teresa was such a friend. Although she and her family moved to a different state a couple of years ago, and we didn't keep in close contact, I prayed for her every day. Because Teresa battled breast cancer for the last five years. On Monday,  she lost the battle. I continue to pray, but mostly for her husband and four young children. 
Teresa changed our way of life; we never would have considered homeschooling until I met her, and my Catholic faith has grown much deeper through her example. Never one to hang back from reaching out to people,  Teresa called me several years ago, asking if I'd like to join a prayer group she was starting at our parish. We didn't know each other, but she had seen me at Mass, and wanted to invite me. I often looked to her for spiritual guidance, and just to have fun. She had
an amazing sense of humor and fun-loving spirit, even while living with cancer. May God grant her eternal rest, and I know she will be interceding for me and for many others.

No comments:

The Christmas Octave: A Peaceful Space

I was planning to make this first post in over two years a "catching up" post. And I will get to that, eventually. But I felt insp...