Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We loved this classic diner we stopped at in Goshen, IN on our recent Garden Tour, the
South Side Soda Shop.




We saw this logo:



on the front door, and thought it was just their endorsement of the Food Network.
But it turns out that our favorite Food Network host, Guy Fieri, taped a segment there for
his show, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, a couple of years ago. We didn't get the Food Network
back then, so we missed the episode, but now it's one of our favorite shows. Here's the video:



I've got a thing for soda shops. I wish someone would organize a tour of those!



I didn't actually get any ice cream because we were so hungry, we just needed some hot food. The cheeseburger and fries were
great, and I took a trip back to the lunch counters of my childhood by drinking a cherry phosphate.
Check out my daughter's account of the trip, but please overlook her grammar. I think she does it on purpose.



No comments:

The Christmas Octave: A Peaceful Space

I was planning to make this first post in over two years a "catching up" post. And I will get to that, eventually. But I felt insp...