Thursday, June 2, 2016

Welcome June, and My New Summer Book of Days





So, so glad that June is here. May was wet and often chilly, so garden preparations were interminably put off. High pollen levels have also taken their toll, making it hard to spend a lot of time weeding and planting. Little by little, I'm getting there. Today was our last day of the school year. Hooray!!! I have so many plans for the gardens, making the deck a more pleasant place to sit and relax together, getting organized and preparing for our next school year. All three of my younger boys will be "in  high school" next year. Yikes! I have a lot to think about and get ready.                          
One of my strategies for both relaxing and enjoying the summer and prepping for next year is my new Summer Book of Days.  Created by Cay Gibson of Cajun Cottage Press, it is part journal, part planner. I love that there are so many components, but it's small enough to fit in my purse. There are pictures to color, places to ponder the summer days and summer plans, and most importantly, places to record summer memories. It also includes prompts to help keep track of drinking water, exercise, and prayer time. Now that the school year is over, I look forward to sitting outside with a cool drink, adding to my Book of Days. 

No comments:

The Christmas Octave: A Peaceful Space

I was planning to make this first post in over two years a "catching up" post. And I will get to that, eventually. But I felt insp...