Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today, March 2, 2009...

  Outside my window...
     It's surprisingly cold, even for early March.  Only 22 degrees, but it feels like a bone-chilling 11!
     The sun is deceptively shining, though.

   On our lenten journey...
      Today we began learning the Angelus, after watching the video on Lenten Adventure. 
     
    I am thinking...
       about the laundry, decluttering and other household tasks awaiting me, now that our 
       school day is finished.

    I am thankful for...
       the new job my 19 year old son is starting today. 

    From the learning rooms...
        Well, as I said, we've finished for the day, but Sam is drawing a picture of ancient ruins.
 
     I am wearing...
         a very toasty warm green sweater over a pale blue shirt, brown pants and my usual 
         tie-up shoes.

      I am reading...
         actually I'm rereading Perelandra for my book group, since I read it so fast the first time.

      I am hoping...
          that my brother is able to get safely back to Indianapolis. He's flying in from Atlanta, and
          the last I heard, they had quite a bit of snow.

      I am hearing...
           a very annoying, repetetive phrase my boys are quoting from "Phineas and Ferb", 
           prompting me to warn them that they will never, never, never again see the show if they
           don't stop.

      Around the house...
            I finally did last Monday's declutter mission (living room shelves) on Saturday. I'm 
            hoping to work on cleaning out the linen closet (it's been about three years, after all)
            in about half an hour. 

      One of my favorite things...
           is watching old B&W movies from the thirties and forties while I fold laundry.

       A few plans for the rest of the week:
            continuing to learn about Ancient Egypt, trying to get to Mass every morning, 
            learning about fractions, getting ready for Sugarbush 2009! (YAY!) 

       Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

       
   
   

    

Here's to March, St. Patrick's Day, and all things Irish!

Thanks to Peggy, creator of The Simple Woman's Daybook!

No comments:

The Christmas Octave: A Peaceful Space

I was planning to make this first post in over two years a "catching up" post. And I will get to that, eventually. But I felt insp...