Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Lights are Lit!


We braved the cold yet again for the annual lighting of our city's Santa display, on the side of 
a downtown bank building. We try to go every year, although we wimped out last year due to rain and kids with colds, and every year, as we stand there w-a-i-t-i-n-g  for the lights to be lit, I wonder why we do it. There's just something fun about the expectant crowds and excitement, despite the discomfort and complaints from our children. We did not, however, join the herds
of people walking around the corner to see the lighting of the Christmas tree. 
It probably goes without saying that the Corvette in the picture is not ours.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey, Dave and the kids were there, too! And you didn't see each other??? I heard there were a lot of people this year. I'll have the kids look for you next year!

The Christmas Octave: A Peaceful Space

I was planning to make this first post in over two years a "catching up" post. And I will get to that, eventually. But I felt insp...